Private equity, venture capital, alternative asset, hedge, and real estate funds operate in a complex risk environment that is constantly in flux due to innovative transactions, portfolio company shareholder disputes, regulatory changes, employment issues, intellectual property challenges, and investor requirements.
Best standard risk management practices at the fund level protects ROI as well as the fund’s founders, directors, officers, and executives from personal liability.
RISKS ADDRESSED BY FUND-LEVEL RISK MANAGEMENT
From decades of experience advising funds, ARIA has a deep understanding of the unique insurable risk issues that impact a fund’s performance and operations. ARIA helps funds manage:
- Directors’ & Officers Risk: Liability due to company mismanagement.
- Professional / Errors & Omissions Risk: Liability from the provision of professional services or advice.
- Employment Practices Risk: Liability for employment-related sexual harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination.
- Cyber / Data Management Risk: Liability for data breaches, network failures, and cyber threat extortion.
- Fraud / Crime Risk: Theft of assets by employees and/or third parties.
- Property Risk: Loss of or damage to office property including fine arts.